Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Why Victoria's Secret Angel Adriana Lima Loves Sharing Nude-Faced Selfies


Adriana Lima loves Game of Thrones and is just starting to learn Periscope and Snapchat. Photo: Wendell Teodoro/WireImage
 

Specs
 
Age 34

Claim to fame Model and actress; longest-running Victoria's Secret Angel in the brand's history (the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show airs Dec. 8 at 10 p.m. on CBS)

Base Miami

Instagram @adrianalima

Adweek: What's the first information you consume in the morning? 
 
Adriana Lima: My children. I check on them and give them a kiss, say good morning, make sure they get dressed and go to school. I don't pick up my phone right away; I'm the type of person that jumps straight out of bed.

What's your go-to social media platform? 
 
Instagram. I try to share something besides my work. You can see what I do when I'm on TV or in a magazine, so I share my personal life—people and things that I love, places that I go, quotes that I find inspiring.

You post a lot of no-makeup selfies. Why? 
 
I don't consider myself a selfie person so much, but I do have a lot of selfies from the gym, I have to confess. Everybody knows what I look like with hair and makeup, so I want to show the side of Adriana that my kids see, that my mom sees, that my best friends see.

Who do you follow? 
 
I follow friends and family, artists and musicians from my hometown. For example, I follow Caetano Veloso because I'm a big fan of him since I was little. I'm following Selena Gomez because I think she's a very talented musician. I saw her at the [Victoria's Secret Fashion Show], and she was amazing.

A lot of the models were sharing live videos from backstage. Did you do any live-tweeting or Instagramming? 
 
I took a lot of pictures, but I didn't post too many images of me from the show. The show didn't air yet, so I like to keep it as mysterious as I can and keep some surprise for whoever is going to watch at home. But I just downloaded Periscope and Snapchat. Honestly, I'm still learning about them. I haven't posted anything yet.

Do you have a favorite app? 
 
I love Find My Friends. It's like a little GPS. When my nanny is with the kids, I can see where they are, when they arrive at the place where they're going, when they leave, everything. Also Instacart, so when I'm traveling, I can grocery shop from overseas. Just click, click, click, and when I get home, I have everything there.

What TV shows do you watch? 
 
I love Game of Thrones. I still have to finish the fifth season! I don't get to watch too much TV because usually I'm watching cartoons with the kids, like Peppa Pig and SpongeBob and Dora the Explorer [laughs].

What music are you listening to right now? 
 
The Weeknd! Oh my gosh, he's awesome. I love his voice. Also Selena Gomez and Ellie Goulding. I was so happy because for the first time I got to walk in the [Victoria's Secret] show with the musicians who I love. We've had great musicians before, like Rihanna and Justin Timberlake, but I haven't had a chance to be on the runway at the same time as them. This year, I got to walk with The Weeknd!

You've starred in some major Super Bowl spots in the past. Do you think we'll see you in one again this year? 
 
I hope so! I would love to be in one of the Super Bowl commercials. It's so exciting to have so many people watching, and production- and creativity-wise, the commercials are always the best. To be part of it is just unbelievable. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates